Our first stop was the Green Valley Book Fair where we bought a few new books to read over the summer. Then we headed off to what was formerly known as Luigi's for some pizza before heading over to campus and just walking around. I like to let Brady lead the way as he explores all the different parts of campus. His favorite is to try to go into the unlocked buildings (Wilson being his favorite). We even chilled on the porch of Hillcrest House (the former President's house) which I had never done before!
Freshman orientation was going on as well as a few other sports camps. It was fun to go back and remember what is was like that summer before freshman year when everything was possible and you were invincible. There was still so much to see and learn, and I couldn't wait for it all to begin. Now, ten years later, I wish I could go back. College is a great time!
Right now I'm getting ready to send my baby off to kindergarten, so I am starting to understand what all those moms are feeling who are sending their babies away to college. In just 14 short years, this picture will have an 18 year old boy in it ready to start his freshman year. Ugh!
Sunset over the quad








No comments:
Post a Comment