Friday, May 27, 2011

My First Week on Earth. by Brooke Bliven

The week after I was born was hectic.  There were so many new things to see and so many new people to meet.  I also learned all the strange and funny things that my family does when there is a baby around...I wonder if they are always like this. 

First, my mom kept dressing me up in tons of ridiculous outfits.  Some days she put me in three or four different things just to take my picture.  I don't know why she does that and then complains about how much laundry she has.  She even put me in this ridiculous looking hat.  I tried to tell her I didn't like it, but she took my picture anyway!


This kid is called Brady, I guess he's what they call my brother.  He calls himself "Bubba"...maybe he doesn't know how to say brother yet.  I think that it's funny that he has so many names.  I'm not sure which one I'll call him yet.  He is really funny, and I love it when he sings and dances for me.  I'm working on my smile and laugh to let him know how much I like it.  He also likes to read to me which is so nice.  I can't really see the pictures yet, but I like the stories, and he is a good reader.


Mom and Dad put me in this thing called a "swing".  I don't remember being in the swing too much because I fall asleep every time!  I wonder if I miss anything exciting when I fall asleep.


This week my mom and dad have been flashing this bright light in my eyes all the time.  Right when I fall asleep this bright light flashes and wakes me up.  I'm not sure what they're doing, but it is starting to get a bit annoying!


These are my fingers!  They are wonderful!  If I move them close enough to my face they sometimes get in my mouth!


I have this toy that everyone calls my "Gymini".  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it.  There are all these crazy looking animals floating above me looking down.  I really like that blue monkey up there, but the parrot with the crinkly tail never looks at me, he always has his rear end in my face.


One day they left me under that thing so long that I fell asleep again.  As soon as I did, though, that bright light went off again!



There are other things that get in the way of my beauty sleep.  "Bubba" is one of those things.  He is always leaning into my face and pressing his lips all over me.  Yuck!  It's like he's never had a sister before!



There is this other thing that lives with us in our house.  They call him "Cooper".  I'm not sure what he is, but he is frightening!  He is just a bunch of hair and he doesn't give those little kisses like Bubba, his kisses are really wet and he uses his tongue!  Disgusting!  He also interrupts my sleep.  He makes this loud barking sound. I just hate it when he does this.  I never know when it is going to happen and it is so loud!  I haven't decided if I like this "Cooper" thing just yet. 



Thank goodness these people have other things to do instead of watch  me all day... otherwise I really wouldn't get any sleep.  My daddy plays on a softball team which is fun because then we get to go and sit outside with a bunch of other kids and babies!


I've heard that some babies only eat with their mommies.  I am a lucky girl because I get my food from what they call a "bottle".  A bottle is awesome because Pa can feed me, or even Daddy!



Bubba is a busy kid.  He doesn't have to take naps like us babies.  One day he tried to color in all the bricks on the patio.  He didn't get them all..one day I'm going to try to do that too!


While Bubba worked on his patio project, I decided to get some sleep!


This baby is my new friend, Mike.  He got here three months before me, so all of this must make more sense to him.  We're going to be best friends.  When my mommy goes back to work in the fall Mike and I are going to hang out every day at a place called "Miss Debbie's".  It sounds like fun!


...he's kind of cute, too!


So, I have a bunch of people called "family" that come to see me.  These are my cousins and my aunt.  When they come over the boys play together.  I can't wait to grow up a little so I can play with that little girl cousin, Sophia!  We're going to be good friends too, just like Brady and Carter are!


Uh, oh! There's that flashing thing again.  When are they going to stop doing that?  It's funny how most people talk about how babies keep them up...this family missed the message!



1 comment:

Shannon said...

Very creative and cute! I love it!!