Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Mother's Day


I'm not sure if I'm the only one who experiences difficulty carving out time for MY mother's day every year, but my husband does a great job of making me feel special.  It is difficult with all the mothers in our families: my mom, Brad's mom, my sister, my sister-in-law...and to top it off, Brad and my mom both have their birthday on May 10th which always falls around Mother's Day weekend.  This year we were able to spend Mother Day with just the four of us.  "Just the four of us" sounds amazing right now because a year ago at this time we weren't sure if there would every be any more in our little family of three.  I was so happy to spend my day with my two beautiful children!

This was the gift spread when I woke up in the morning.  I loved all the framed kids' art.  The painted dinosaur from Brady is one of my favorites, and the footprint has Brooke's little footprint inside Brady's!  So sweet!  Brad also got me a baby carriage charm to add to my Chamilia bracelet.



We then went hiking in Gettysburg and spent some time at Devil's Den.  This was when I realized that my body really hadn't bounced back yet from my pregnancy.

No comments: