
On Monday night one of my former students, Ryan Didone, was killed in a car accident on his way home from church youth group. He was loved by all his friends and teachers, and will be tremendously missed by everyone.
This tragic event reminded me to put my life back into perspective. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our everyday lives that we don't stop to appreciate and enjoy every minute that we have with those that we love. Be thankful for all the time that you have with your loved ones, and remember to always let them know that you love them.
As a parent, I was struck by some of the comments that Ryan's father shared with the community at the candelight vigil last night that I thought were important to share with everyone.
"I need parents to know it doesn't matter what you did yesterday, it's what you do today and what you do tomorrow that matters. Kids, it doesn't matter what your parents do, it's up to you to make the right decisions. Because one small mistake, no matter how good you are can make a difference."
Please keep Ryan's family in your prayers as well as another student, Brittany, who is still in critical condition at Baltimore Shock Trauma as well the families of the other students who were impacted in this crash.
This tragic event reminded me to put my life back into perspective. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our everyday lives that we don't stop to appreciate and enjoy every minute that we have with those that we love. Be thankful for all the time that you have with your loved ones, and remember to always let them know that you love them.
As a parent, I was struck by some of the comments that Ryan's father shared with the community at the candelight vigil last night that I thought were important to share with everyone.
"I need parents to know it doesn't matter what you did yesterday, it's what you do today and what you do tomorrow that matters. Kids, it doesn't matter what your parents do, it's up to you to make the right decisions. Because one small mistake, no matter how good you are can make a difference."
Please keep Ryan's family in your prayers as well as another student, Brittany, who is still in critical condition at Baltimore Shock Trauma as well the families of the other students who were impacted in this crash.








1 comment:
Very well put K-Bliv...Ryan will be missed. Today, there was an article about the accident in the Gaithersburg/Montgomery Village Gazette.
The paper was folded just right so that when I went to put my key in the lock tonight, I happened to look down, and there was Ryan's picture staring up at me. Life is full of signs. I guess you just have to look very carefully for them.
Post a Comment