Next week is Brady's last day with our amazing daycare provider, Debbie. I have been dreading this day since his first day with her over three and a half years ago! We love her so much, and she is so much a part of Brady's everyday life, that this is going to be a difficult change for all of us.
I'm sure you have all heard me talk about what a wonderful, loving daycare Brady goes to. Because of Debbie, Brady is reading and writing early, is a whiz when it comes to puzzles and brainteasers, has a great sense of humor and empathy, and has an amazing sense of self-esteem.
When looking for a home day care when Brady was a newborn, Debbie was the first person we interviewed (and found out later that she was really interviewing us), and I never looked anywhere else. It was a perfect fit for both of us, and he has thrived being with her everyday. Needless to say, this week is going to be difficult, and there will be a lot of tears. The only thing that makes this slightly easier is Brady's excitement for starting everyday school. He can't get enough of being in a classroom with his peers and teachers.
He may be ready, so why am I not?
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
I am convinced that no milestone in a child's life will ever be easy for his parents. It is your right as his Mom to feel nostalgic about how much he's grown, and be proud of him for the great little boy he's become.
You guys are lucky that you had such wonderful daycare for so long. I hope we are as lucky!
Post a Comment