Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Before Meets After Part II

Last week Brad and I got motivated (for what reason we have no clue) to redo Brady's bathroom. When we moved into the house the bathroom was lime green. We reused paint that we already had and painted it yellow and did a jungle animal theme. Brad hated it from the time the yellow paint hit the wall, but it was definitely better than the lime green (or so we thought at the time), so we lived with it for 3 years.

We really wanted to overhaul Brady's bathroom with a new floor and vanity, but we thought that if we waited it would never get done. The shower curtain is one that I bought when we lived down in VA Beach, but I love it so much that it made an appearance in the town house extra bath and now in this home as well. It is great because it has so many colors in it.

We painted the walls a sea-foam greenish blue color, added wainscoting to the long wall, got a curved towel bar to give more space in the shower, cleaned and ironed the shower curtain, got a fabric shower liner (luxury), a new rug and toilet seat cover, a new trash can, and a surfboard toothbrush holder. I also ordered a bunch of beach pictures that we have taken from all our trips to VA Beach the past few years to hang on the walls. We were going to replace the builder grade mirror, but we really need a new washer/dryer, so I'm going to etch some surfboards in the corner of the existing mirror to save money, but still update the look. ...another room done - "Check!"

No comments: