Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Bliven Family's First Annual Turkey Trot

So I realize that the term "first annual" doesn't really make sense...something has to happen more than once for it to become an "annual" event, but we had a lot of fun at this year's Turkey Trot down in Frederick.  We ran a whopping 1K (.6 miles), and managed to laugh, cry, and take a tumble in the mud in the few short minutes that we were "racing".  Brady was thrilled afterwards when he received his medal (even though he walked, complaind, and cried most of the time).  He was so proud of himself, that he already decided that he wants to share the experience with his cousin, Carter, next year.  (...a sleepover the night before Thanksgiving...fun!)  Here are some pictures of Brady and Brad that morning.  There was one taken of me, but since I had no makeup on, I will spare us all!

before the race

after the race

notice the mud where Brady fell?

later that day reveling in the win!

No comments: