Friday, May 1, 2009

Fix-It Friday

A "big boy" bed calls for a "big boy" room.

We spent a lot of time (and money) fixing up Brady's room. His new bed was delivered before spring break, thankfully we already had a new twin mattress from my parents, and Brad's parents bought Brady vintage football and baseball sheets from Pottery Barn Kids.

We finished it off with a complete closet system so I can fit all of Brady's close in it, organized and visible, and a new Major League Baseball bedspread from PBKids (shown below). We opted for the National League quilt based on its red and blue color (Brady's favorite). We were even almost able to finally strip off the choo-choo train border around the room, but Brady isn't ready to part with it. When he is, we are going to paint above the chair rail the blue color in the photo at the bottom.

Brad is super jealous of Brady's bedroom and continually comments about how awesome the baseball quilt is. I'm hoping that Brady will like it for many years to come. I knew that I was going to have to give into the "sports" theme room soon, I'm just glad that we were able to do it so tastefully thanks to Pottery Barn!




No comments: