Monday, November 29, 2010

Disney 2010 - Animal Kingdom

Day 3:
Of course the main attraction at Disney's Animal Kingdom is the Safari ride! It was the one ride that I HAD to go on even though it was not recommended for expectant mothers. Well, I did my research and spoke to one of the "jeep" drivers. It was no more than driving down a slightly bumpy road...it was worse driving through VA Beach with Brad. Though I thought that I would be extremely disappointed if I made it all the way to Disney's Animal Kingdom and didn't get to ride the safari, I was sadly mistaken. It is probably due to the fact that we are so spoiled with the National and Baltimore Zoos right down the street, but it was like riding a jeep through the zoo...not very amazing. Below is a picture of Brady and Mommy on the safari (I'm bracing myself for any random bumps in the road). You can also tell that my belly is unusually big in this picture in comparison...by day 3, my muscles were not holding my stomach together.

Totally love this "bug" portrait of our family at the 3D Bug's Life movie. It was surprisingly cute...we loved it and even got an unexpectedly great Christmas card photo!

The biggest highlight of this park was the Lion King show...AMAZING! I would have gone back to this park just to see it again.

One of Brady's favorite rides was Expedition Everest...of course, the only crazy roller coaster in the entire park. At one point it looks like the track stops and you are about to go over the edge of the mountain. Brady loved it and was so excited to see the Yeti...yep, excited, not scared!

By the end of day 3, we were ready for a break. Thankfully, Animal Kingdome closed a little early that night and we headed back to the hotel for a relaxing evening by the pool. Brady is showing off our washcloth doll made by the housekeeping crew, and you can even see the amazing pool at our resort. Seriously, check out the resort pool before getting water park tickets. This pool was enough to entertain Brady for hours on end.

No comments: