Tuesday, July 5, 2011

From Starfish to Octopus!

Last week Brady took swim lessons at a nearby neighborhood pool.  He has taken swim lessons in the past over at the YMCA, but there are always so many kids in the class that he spent most of his 45 minute class time watching the other kids instead of being in the water himself.  I was hesitant when I paid $60 for four days of swim lessons, but the pool was so convenient that I couldn't pass it up (and I couldn't get him enrolled anywhere else on such short notice). 

The lessons turned out to be amazing and they totally boosted his self confidence in the water.  He was an amazing floater and can tread water forever.  By the end of the four days he could swim the entire 25 meter length of the pool!  It did help that there were consistently only about three of them in the class.  It also helped that we were pool sitting for our neighbors that week as well.  So he not only swam in the morning, but we usually went over to check on her pool in the evening and practice some more.  We now have an official "SWIMMER!"



No comments: