Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Big Boy Turns 5!

Brady's birthday started with a big load of gifts from his mom and dad (who spoil him).  He opened them first thing in the morning before our special breakfast of sticky buns.  Then we marked Brady's growth on the inside of the pantry door.  It is amazing to see how much he has grown since we first moved into the house.

Then we were off to My Gym for Brady's party with all his friends from school.  It was the best and easiest party we have ever had...totally worth the money to not have to organize it, run it, or clean it up!  There were 20 kids there for the fun!  The ball pit was a huge hit and the center of most of the action.
Even Landon got his turn in the ball pit and had a great time!

Upside-down Gracie.

My favorite part of the day was when they played hide-and-seek in the gym.  All the kids counted while Brady hid.  They took him in the back room and he emerged from the storage closet in the wagon and all dressed up like the Birthday King.  The look on his face was priceless...he was so proud of himself, and the kids went crazy.  I will never forget that moment as long as I live!

Then it was time for short break for cake.  The cupcake cake was a hit, and it was super easy too!  No cutting required. 
The final event was Brady's favorite; Space Flight!  All the kids got a chance to go down the zip line before leaving for the day.  At the end of the party Miss Alice told Brady to say, "I have good news and bad news".  The bad news was that the party was over, but the good news was that everyone was leaving with their cool new CD that Brady had made for everyone.  Brady's friend, Will, broke down in sobbing tears because he was so sad that the party was over. 
It truely was the best birthday ever.  After My Gym, we went home and opened presents and had cheesecake with our family.  Brady got so many gifts, and we are still working on those thank you notes! 

Brady turning 5 was more difficult for me than any other birthday.  He is just so big now, and I am so proud of him that I just well up inside when I think about what a great kid he is becoming, how he gets along with his friends, and how happy he is.  The thought that this also might be the only time that I get to watch one of my kids grow up hit me a little harder this year than in years past.  If Brady is my only child, I want to make sure that I do everything right the first time!  I am so proud of my little boy, and these have definitely been the best five years of my life!

No comments: