Monday, February 8, 2010

Snowtorious B.I.G.

On Friday, the biggest snowstorm in ...well...FOREVER hit!  We got around 30 inches of snow.  There is so much snow, that there is nowhere to put it.  We were fortunate not to lose our power like my parents and sister, and have been enjoying time off of school. 
We also have amazing neighbors that let us borrow their snow blower to clear the snow out of our driveways.  Actually, everyone passed it around, and our cul de sac was clear by the end of the day on Saturday.  The Bobcats came in on Sunday and cleared the rest for us.  We were down to dry pavement by Monday.  Just in time for the second storm to hit.
Beautiful Disaster

In addition to the 30 inches that we alrady have on the ground, we are expected to get another 10-20 inches tomorrow.  My parents may be venturing up here tomorrow so that they aren't snowed in without power in a 40 degree house for another few days. 
I love snow!

At one point on Sunday we thought that my parents were going to try to make it up to our house.  Fortunately, thier power came back on and didn't go back off.  This is where I found Brady...sitting by the window waiting for Grandma Busche.  He has been talking about playing Super Mario Bros. on Wii with her all weekend.  If she makes it up tomorrow night, she better be ready!

Sleeping in the snow fort!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I think you win the "Coolest Blizzard Post Title". It definitely made me laugh out loud!!

p.s. Can I borrow the snow blower next time too?