Today I ventured out for my second coupon shopping trip. There was no way that I thought that I was going to do as well as I did last week, but I still did get some great deals and filled my cart and pantry with tons of food (that we actually eat!).
Today was also my first time shopping at Giant Eagle. I was actually surprised at what a nice store it is and at their amazing produce. They double coupons up to $0.99, so you do better there than Safeway, and they had a lot of good deals on our favorite foods this week. Some of the things you would have seen in our shopping cart include 3 boxes of cereal, 4-12packs of soda (we are hosting Easter dinner this week), 2 Thomas' English muffins, 2 pks. strawberries, broccoli, milk and soy milk, sour cream (for only $0.20), and four boxes of steamer frozen veggies ($0.50/each).
Though I knew that I wouldn't make miracles happen with this trip, I was happy to see my $100.58 bill come down to $66.73! That really is pretty amazing!
I then ducked into Giant Foods on my way home quickly to pick up a few great deals over there. Bread, more frozen veggies (spinach to make spinach dip with that sour cream), Bagel Bites, All detergent ($3.99), Classico Spaghetti Sauce, and water chestnuts (again...for that spinach dip).
It was fun to watch my $23.70 bill drop to $11.62, saving me $12.08. It was cool to save more than I paid.
So the final totals are $124.28 worth of groceries for $78.35. Not spectacular, but I usually spend between $60-$100/week on groceries. The big change that I notice is that in the past aftetr spending $70+ for groceries, I could come home and look in my pantry and fridge and say, "Didn't I just go shopping? What did I buy?" Now, my fridge and pantry are stocked full, and we have so many lunch and dinner options!









1 comment:
Yea Giant Eagle..two other good things about that place..the gas perks and they always have stuff on sale that's not listed in the add...so bring your coupon book with you and keep your eyes open for deals :) Good job Bliven!!
Post a Comment