Yesterday there was a HUGE t-ball trophy saga that unfolded over email. The coach was not planning on ordering the team tropies. His philosophy is that trophies are awarded for actual accomplishments, not just participation. (Brad and I agree with this!) There were a few parents who were sure that their kids would be heartbroken without getting a trophy! Keep in mind that the kids were not going home empty handed. The coach was going to have all the kids sign a baseball for each of them to keep with all the kid's names on them (there are nine kids on the team) and his wife is making them all shorts that match their t-ball shirts with their numbers on them. Very generous...along with a big party with junk food and cupcakes.
Well, one parent took it upon herself to go over the coach's head and find a place to get trophies. She proceeded to email the team and ask if anyone wanted one to let her know and she would order them, have them engraved, and have them ready for the last game. Not only do I think that this is completely rude to the coach, but she put each parent in a corner where they didn't know what the other parents were doing...are you going to have your kid be the only one without a trophy?!?!?
I was furious! I emailed her back and told her that if she was ordering trophies that she needs to order them for the entire team, and that I would cover the whopping $6 for any player who wouldn't pay. Seriously?!!? She was going to have a kid leave the last game without a trophy when all the other kids' parents got them? Ridiculous!!!!!









1 comment:
REDICULOUS is right! That is crazy. First of all...stop the trophy for every kid nonsense! AND...then, if you are going to be a pain in the butt and order them behind the coach's back...at least tell everyone. I want to punch that lady :)
Post a Comment