Friday, May 28, 2010

Pool Membership!

After almost 7 long years after my last lifeguarding job ended, we FINALLY have our first pool membership! I stopped working during the summer of 2004 because I was pregnant with Brady and I didn't want to have to deal with handling the pool chemicals. So, my last pool season was back in 2003.

When we moved to Frederick, I was first struck by the lack of outdoor pools in the county. Most of the pools are neighborhood pools, and you have to live in the neighborhood in order to get a membership (usually paid for by their HOA dues).

Well, the neighborhood next to ours, Glade Towne, has open memberships to help keep the costs down for their HOA members (how smart!) So, for the first year, the Bliven family will be hitting the water, daily, and will have to deal with chlorine in our eyes and our hair, and the world will be right again!

No comments: