Monday, April 12, 2010

Getting Paid to Shop!

I just got paid to shop at Wal-Mart! It has been my dream to actually make money one day by shopping. I had 5 Scotch Brite $1 off coupons (I actually had 20, but thought that would be a little ridiculous), and the Scotch Brite sponges were only $.84, so I made $.16 on each sponge I got. Then, the Benadryl Itch Sticks were $2.46 each and I had a coupon for $5 off two, so I made $.16 on the Benadryl. (I know in the picture there are only three because one either wasn't placed in my bag, or dropped out when I started freaking out in the parking lot.) I got Brady the giant bubble wand because I thought that I would need it to cover the overages, but the overages covered more than the bubble wand too. So I got all this stuff and still walked out of the store with $1.58!

2 comments:

The Bliven Family said...

So I realized after studying my receipt that I kind of scammed Wal-Mart on accident. Since the coupons were all for more than the items were worth, the lady had to enter them all by hand. I had pulled 4 Benadryl itch sticks off the shelf, but I guess that I only put three up on the belt. So I should have had to pay about a $1...woops!

Ellie and Charlie Durham said...

The Scotch Brite coupon is for $1/2-- did it change? I still might try to use it at Shoppers (they are doubling $1 this week). The Benadryl are cheaper at Target-- so a bigger MM ;)