Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm Saving $2,000 a Year on Groceries by Clipping Coupons!

The coupon bandit did it again!!!!. I shopped at 2 stores got $160.98 worth of groceries and paid $102.98. I got 8 pounds of meat (chicken and pork tenderloin) and all the food will last us for at least 2 weeks. Broken down, that means that we are now spending about $51.49 on groceries! If we round that up to about $60/week, and we have usually budgeted about $100/week for groceries, that saves us $160/month and $1,920/year on groceries! Totally work an extra hour a week of coupon clipping and list organizing.

Giant was the place to shop this week! I got my best deals there with $1.99/lb chicken and $3.99/lb pork tenderloin. I also got 2 Garnier Fructise shampoos and 1 Garnier Fructise conditioner (my regular brand) and paied $4.50 for all three! I also got two 8 packs of Apple and Eve juice boxes for only $.50! My total bill started at $83.58, went down to $57.19 after my bonus card was scanned, and then down to $43.59 after coupons! Awesome! I'm also getting really good at getting things that my family eats. That was my biggest fear, and we have tried some new brands, but we pretty much stick to our normal brands.

CVSing - I also tried CVSing this morning. The whole idea is awesome. You buy a few items the first week that earn you ECBs (Extra Care Bucks). Then you continue to shop each week for items with your ECBs that you also earn back ECBs. If you save all your coupons and watch the ads closely, they will frequently PAY YOU to take stuff out of the store! This week I got Dove conditioner, Dial shower gel, and Colgate Pro toothpaste. I paid $12.81 (I would have done better if I could have found that Dove coupon), but then I got back $12.49 in ECBs...so the next time I go, I will buy more products that will earn ECBs with my ECBs and get products for FREE!

1 comment:

Ellie and Charlie Durham said...

I love CVS!! I love getting paid to shop! I see you watch alot of the same blogs that I do! Gina is actually a friend of mine :) She is awesome!!