Brady is 4!
Brady had an amazing 4th birthday! Since his birthday fell on a Saturday, we were able to celebrate with our family on his actually birth date. We took the official "Birthday Boy" photo first thing in the morning. I am amazed at how long his legs look...I think that he grew overnight.
Then we took the "official" birthday measurement on the inside of the pantry door. I don't know what it is exactly, but it will be marked there for posterity!
Before breakfast we did round #1 of presents. We have learned from years past that doing all the presents at one time is exhausting (for everyone). At first he wasn't sure who left the presents, he thought that someone came in the middle of the night and brought birthday presents...like Santa. Then he realized all the presents were from Mommy and Daddy (and Debbie).
The next stop was to Walkersville Lanes...the run down duck pin bowling alley in our town. After told that I wouldn't need to reserve a lane, there were two other birthday parties there and they were very overwhelmed...luckily we got a lane for Carter, Brady, Daddy, Uncle Nick, and Papa Busche to bowl on.
We got tired of keeping score after a while (although Brad did get two spares and a strike in three frames), so we played until the boys were tired and hungry.

Then it was off to Brady's favorite restaurant, Fajita Grande.
Back home for Mario Cake and Birthday Presents round #2.
...and finally off to bed on the new "big boy bed". Although the bed Mommy and Daddy got Brady for his birthday hasn't come in yet, Grandma and Papa Busche got the twin mattress this week, and Grandma and Papa Bliven bought the sheets. It is just too exciting to wait the estimated 4-14 weeks for the actual bed to come in, so we will sleep on a beautiful new mattress on the floor until it gets here.
...next week is party #2 with the preschool friends!








2 comments:
It looks like everyone had a great time! I've never met Brady in person, but based only on pictures, I totally agree that he looks more grown up in his birthday picture.
Great pictures, thanks for taking the time for everyone to share.
Post a Comment